This page explains the character costumes based on Nintendo series in the game Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition, part of the Tekken series.
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition
November 18, 2012
The Wii U version of Tekken Tag Tournament 2, notable for being the first Tekken game on a Nintendo home console, features some exclusive contents based on Nintendo series, specifically a "Mushroom Battle" mode based on the Mario series, as well as costumes based on Nintendo characters for the fighters. Some of these costumes also give the wearer an exclusive "item move".
There is a total of 12 costumes based on different Nintendo characters, with 5 of them from the Mario series, 4 from the Zelda series, 1 from the Metroid series, 1 from the F-Zero series, and 1 from the Star Fox series. Each character with no exception can wear one of these, and are specifically:
- Mario: Bob, Eddy, Heihachi, Jack-6, Kuma, Paul.
- Luigi: Marshall Law, Miguel, P. Jack, Sebastian, Slim Bob, Wang.
- Princess Peach: Christie, JayCee, Lili, Panda, Xiaoyu.
- Bowser: Alex, Ganryu, Mokujin, Ogre (True Ogre), Roger Jr.
- Toad: Feng, Jinpachi, Lei, Tiger.
- Link: Jin, Kazuya, Lars, Yoshimitsu.
- Zelda: Alisa, Angel, Asuka, Jun, Michelle, Nina.
- Sheik: Forest Law, King, Leo, Miharu, Violet.
- Ganondorf: Ancient Ogre, Armor King, Combot, Devil Jin, Dragunov.
- Zero Suit Samus: Anna, Kunimitsu, Unknown, Zafina.
- Captain Falcon: Bruce, Bryan, Marduk, Raven.
- Fox McCloud: Baek, Dr. Boskonovitch, Hwoarang, Lee, Steve.
In an agreement between Nintendo and Bandai Namco, Nintendo-exclusive content was included in the game to create a double way marketing, with the game promoting the console and vice versa.