For detailed information about this series, see: Frogger on Wikipedia
Frogger is a series of action/adventure videogames developed by Konami.
This list includes every Frogger game ever released, for a total of 29 releases. The list does not count separately re-releases of single games, only indicated in the original release description (for example the original Frogger alone received at least 23 different releases).
Games featuring original gameplay elements:
- Frogger (June 5, 1981), Arcade. Later released for the Intellivision, Atari 5200, ColecoVision, Atari 2600 in two different versions as cartridge and as cassette, Atari 8-bit computers, VIC-20, Commodore 64 in two different versions as cartridge and as cassette, Apple II, the original 128k Macintosh, IBM PC, TRS-80, Timex Sinclair 1000, Timex Sinclair 2068, Tomy Tutor, Mini-Arcade tabeletop, mobile phone, Xbox Live Arcade, Windows Phone 7. In 1998 an enhanced version was released for SNES, while a version relatively true to the original was released for Sega Mega Drive/Genesis, however both feature the cover artwork from Frogger: He's Back! and are therefore sometimes inaccurately considered ports of that game.
- Frogger II: ThreeeDeep! (1984), Apple II, Atari 2600, Atari 5200, Atari 8-bit, Commodore 64, ColecoVision, PC Booter.
- Frogger (1997), Windows, PlayStation. A reboot to the series, also known as Frogger: He's Back!
- Frogger 2: Swampy's Revenge (September 30, 2000), Dreamcast, Windows, PlayStation. A sequel to Frogger: He's Back!
- Frogger: The Great Quest (November 18, 2001), PlayStation 2, Windows. The first game to feature Frogger walking on two feet.
- Frogger's Adventures: Temple of the Frog (November 23, 2001), Game Boy Advance. Taking character design from The Great Quest, featuring gameplay more loyal to the original.
- Frogger Advance: The Great Quest (May 28, 2002), Game Boy Advance. An adaptation of Frogger: The Great Quest featuring sidescrolling platforming gameplay.
- Frogger Beyond (December 6, 2002), GameCube, Xbox, Windows, PlayStation 2.
- Frogger's Adventures 2: The Lost Wand (November 5, 2002), Game Boy Advance.
- Frogger's Journey: The Forgotten Relic (October 28, 2003), Game Boy Advance. The first game to feature frogger in his final design.
- Frogger's Adventures: The Rescue (October 29, 2003), PlayStation 2, GameCube, Windows.
- Frogger: Ancient Shadow (September 27, 2005), Xbox, PlayStation 2, GameCube.
- Frogger: Helmet Chaos (September 29, 2005), Nintendo DS, PSP.
- My Frogger Toy Trials (November 13, 2006), Nintendo DS. Featuring Frogger as a toy pet with an exclusive character design.
- Frogger Hop Trivia (2007), Arcade.
- Frogger 2 (June 11, 2008), Xbox Live Arcade. The third game to call itself "Frogger 2", it's a sequel to the Live Arcade version of the original.
- Frogger Returns (November 12, 2009), WiiWare, PlayStation Network, DSiWare.
- Frogger 3D (September 20, 2011), Nintendo 3DS.
- Frogger: Hyper Arcade Edition (July 6, 2012), WiiWare, PSN, XLA.
Remakes of the original game or minor titles only released on mobile phones:
- Frogger 2 (September 23, 2000), Game Boy Color. Marketed as an adaptation of Frogger 2: Swampy's Revenge, released shortly after, it's actually an enhanced version of the original Frogger.
- Frogger Puzzle (November 9, 2005), mobile phone.
- Frogger for Prizes (February 23, 2006), mobile phone. A competitive version of the original game.
- Frogger's 25th Anniversary (2006), Xbox Live Arcade. A graphically enhanced version of the original game, featuring a multiplayer option.
- Frogger Evolution (2006), mobile phone.
- Frogger Launch (August 17, 2008), mobile phone.
- Frogger Beats 'n' Bounces (2008), mobile phone.
- Frogger Inferno (March 16, 2010), iOS.
- Frogger Decades (September 1, 2011), iOS.
- Frogger Pinball (October 2011), iOS.
- Frogger Free (November 2011), iOS.
- Frogger's Crackout (2013), Smartphone.
- Frogger (2016), slot machine.
- Frogger: Get Hoppin' (2017), skilled-based casino game.
An animated TV series based on the original game was featured in 1983 in the Saturday Supercade cartoon lineup. It only lasted for the first season, for a total of 13 episodes, aired from September 17 to December 10.
Links to other series
|Donkey Kong||September 17, 1983||Frogger meets Donkey Kong between the episodes of their shows in the Saturday Supercade.||1
|Pitfall||September 17, 1983||The Pitfall! TV show was aired with the Frogger TV show in the Saturday Supercade.||3
|Q*bert||October 01, 1983||The Frogger TV show was aired with the Q*bert TV show in the Saturday Supercade.||3
|Ribbit!||1991||Ribbit! is an unofficial sequel to Frogger.||3
|Neo Kobe 2045 Speed King||1995||The vehicle "F-Logger" fromNeo Kobe 2045 Speed King is named after the Frogger series.||3
|VR Troopers||September 11, 1995||The VR Troopers episode "Mutant Mutiny" features references to Frogger.||2
|Seinfeld||April 23, 1998||Seinfeld features an episode dedicated to Frogger, titled "The Frogger".||2
|Dragonseeds||September 30, 1998||Having a saved data of Frogger unlocks the special "Ribbit" dragon in Dragonseeds.||3
|Evolution Skateboarding||October 09, 2002||Frogger is selectable in Evolution Skateboarding.||1
|Antarctic Adventure||October 28, 2003||The character of Mohan from Frogger's Journey: The Forgotten Empire and Frogger: Ancient Shadow is based off Penta from Antarctic Adventure.||3
|My Name Is Earl||February 01, 2007||The My Name Is Earl episode "Foreign Exchange Student" features a reference to Frogger.||2
|The Simpsons||October 30, 2007||The Simpsons Game features a reference to Frogger, and the Nintendo DS version also features a section based on the game.||2
|Track & Field||June 20, 2008||Frogger is selectable in New International Track & Field.||1
|Dance Dance Revolution||July 06, 2012||Frogger: Hyper Arcade Edition features a game mode based on Dance Dance Revolution.||1
|Karaoke Revolution||July 06, 2012||Frogger: Hyper Arcade Edition features a game mode based on Karaoke Revolution.||2
|Castlevania||July 06, 2012||Frogger: Hyper Arcade Edition features a game mode based on Castlevania.||1
|Contra||July 06, 2012||Frogger: Hyper Arcade Edition features a game mode based on Contra.||1
|Gravity Falls||September 14, 2012||The Gravity Falls episode "Fight Fighters" features a fictional videogame based on Frogger.||2.5
|Wreck-It Ralph||November 02, 2012||Frogger makes an appearance in Wreck-It Ralph.||1
|Teen Titans||April 16, 2015||There's a Frogger reference in the episode Video Game References.||3
|Pixels||July 24, 2015||Frogger appears as one of the videogame characters in the movie, Pixels.||1|