For detailed information about this series, see: Excite at Nintendo Wiki
Excite is a series of racing games published by Nintendo. The games released are:
- Excitebike (November 30, 1984), Famicom/NES. Re-released for NEC PC-8801 and Sharp X1 only in Japan, for Game Boy Advance in 2002 through e-reader as Excitebike-e and in 2004 in the "Classic NES Series", for Wii Virtual Console in 2007, for 3DS Virtual Console in 2011 as 3D Classics: Excitebike, featuring 3D compatibility, and for Wii U Virtual Console in 2013. It was also enclosed in the NES Classic Edition.
- Vs. Excitebike (1984), Arcade. Released for Famicom Disk System in 1988.
- Excitebike: Bun Bun Mario Battle Stadium, Satellaview. Released in 4 Parts from May 11, 1997 to November 9, 1997.
- Excitebike 64 (June 23, 2000), Nintendo 64. It also includes the original Excitebike as unlockable mini-game.
- Excite Truck (November 19, 2006), Wii.
- Excitebots: Trick Racing (April 20, 2009), Wii.
- Excitebike: World Rally (November 9, 2009), WiiWare.
Also, one of the five toys in the Wendy's Wii Toys line, released in 2007, is based on the Boulder vehicle from Excite Truck.
Links to other series
|Mario||1997||Excitebike: Bun Bun Mario Battle Stadium is a crossover between the two series; The downloadable content pack The Legend of Zelda × Mario Kart 8 for Mario Kart 8 includes a track based on Excitebike.||1
|Animal Crossing||September 15, 2002||ExciteBike is featured as an unlockable playable game in Animal Crossing.||2
|Wario||March 21, 2003||In the microgame "Unexcite Bike", featured in WarioWare, inc.: Minigame Mania, Wario meets the Excite Bikers; Microgame versions of Excitebike are featured in WarioWare: Twisted! and WarioWare: D.I.Y.||1
|Tetris||March 20, 2006||One of the themes in Standard Mode of Tetris DS is based on Excitebike.||2
|Metroid||August 27, 2007||Metroid Prime 3: Corruption features an unlockable sticker based on Excite Truck.||2
|Super Smash Bros.||January 31, 2008||The Excitebikers from Excitebike are an Assist Trophy in Super Smash Bros. Brawl; the Beetle from Excitebots: Trick Racing also appears as a spirit in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.||1
|Art Style||January 28, 2009||Sprites from Excitebike are featured in the game Art Style: Picopict.||2
|Pushmo||October 05, 2011||Pushmo features two levels based on sprites from Excitebike.||2
|Video Game High School||August 09, 2013||The "High School Video Game" features an Excitebike sprite as the first level icon.||3
|NES Remix||December 18, 2013||NES Remix includes challenges based on Excite Bike.||2
|Taiko no Tatsujin||December 20, 2016||Music from Excitebike is included in the Famicom Medley, in Taiko no Tatsujin Red Version.||2|